Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Week 11: Final Evaluation


I enjoyed this class because I learned a lot about advertising in the world and what it means to be a marketer and to be an advertiser. A big part of being in the fashion industry is knowing how to get your product out there. I think it is a struggle for all upcoming fashion graduates to find that source that can really advertise their work.
                  One of the things I really remembered about the class is learning about The Big Idea in the book. It talked about a lot when it comes to the part of making a product or an idea. And a huge part about marketing is understanding your consumers. When you understand what the consumers want you can then start a product that will generate revenue for your company. I thought this chapter was a great start for fashion majors who are interested in designing clothes or accessories. I plan on designing jewelry when I graduate so I will always remember the idea process of making a product.
                  This class was a joy to go to because we were always working. And if we weren’t working on blog posts we were watching a movie about our lecture. I enjoyed the movies because it really tied in with everything that we were learning. One of my favorites was the advertising movie on how ads came to be. Learning about how Apple did their iPod ads and other iconic ads was a great learning experience. It shows that even the greatest of ads come from scratch and it just takes a little work. I was absent twice this quarter because of transportation issues but I believe I still did very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment